You don’t need to break the bank to get in a good workout. Get ready to get punching after that beat with these 3 free or affordable boxing workout options:
The ultimate free boxing workout is shadowboxing or throwing punches in the air. With shadowboxing you don’t need any equipment, just enough space to practice your boxing combinations.
Even without equipment, you’ll get a killer workout that manages to target almost every major muscle group. It’s a great exercise for honing your boxing technique, hand-eye coordination, and speed while challenging your cardiovascular fitness.
When you’re not worrying about punching anything, you can focus more on the movement and follow-through of your punch until it feels like second nature. It’s also a great starting point for beginner boxers who want to get familiar with throwing a punch.
Then once you fall in love with the sport, you can invest in equipment to elevate your experience and increase the challenge of your workout.
Learn more about how to shadowbox at home without equipment.
Although you can shadowbox for free with little equipment, that doesn’t always mean it’s the best option. For many people, shadowboxing is a boring workout with very little engagement. But that changes with virtual reality.
With Liteboxer VR you can still practice throwing punches right in the comfort and convenience of your living room. Only, unlike shadowboxing, you’re entering a virtual boxing ring for a full sensory workout. By combining lights, music, and technology we created an addictive beat-driven virtual boxing experience that elevates your shadowboxing workout.
And all you need is a Meta Quest VR headset! With a freemium subscription, which we call Basic, you get access to a curated selection of 65 free workout options to give you a taste of the Liteboxer VR experience.
Here’s what you can expect with Liteboxer VR:
- Coaching with real fitness Trainers: Liteboxer is the first VR platform to have real Trainers working out alongside you. It’s like having one of our nine world-class Trainers right in the room with you.
- Full body beat-based boxing workouts: Feel the music in our unique Punch Track workouts, which we choreograph to the beat of a single song. Or follow along as our Trainers lead you in beat-driven classes.
- Real-time metrics: Every Liteboxer workout generates a score based on a combination of accurate hits, streaks, and force. After your workout, you can track your progress with punch goals, 7- and 30-day performance views, and more.
- Challenges: Head-to-head Matches are now available in the metaverse. Challenge other Liteboxers to beat your score or join Community Challenges and try to climb the Leaderboard.
- Controller-free workout: Liteboxer VR is at the forefront of Quest 2’s controller-less hand-tracking upgrade. This means you can square off in challenges and Trainer workouts without needing to grip hardware. The hand-tracking software captures your movement for a controller-free experience.
There’s plenty of content to keep you motivated and having fun with our free membership. But if at any point you’re looking for more, you can upgrade to Premium for $18.99 / month. With Premium, you’ll unlock access to 300+ workouts, top-charting music, and new content added daily. Try it out with our 7-day free trial or start with Basic and upgrade at any time.
Download Liteboxer VR in the Meta Quest store today and get punching for free with a curated selection of workouts and music.
Lastly, we’re excited to announce the newest Liteboxer experience: Liteboxer Go. Liteboxer Go is an anywhere, anytime fitness technology that lets you shadowbox to Liteboxer content anywhere you go.
All you need is a tablet or smartphone and you can box to the beat at the beach, the park, your friend’s place, on vacation, or anywhere or anytime you want to get in a quick workout. It’s like shadowboxing, but more immersive, interactive, and competitive.
It features two wearable punch tracking sensors that you strap to both wrists. They're about the size of an AirPods case which means you can easily pack them away for easy transportation. It also comes with small egg weights that you can add to your wrists for an extra workout challenge.
It’s like a full Liteboxer workout on your Floor Stand or Wall Mount, only you can take this workout on the go. And if you’re looking to work out on a budget, it’s our most affordable option to date.
Which workout will you be trying next? Join our Liteboxer Facebook Community and let us know!