We're excited to introduce Total Body Workouts, Liteboxer’s first virtual reality full-body workout. This new VR experience will get your arms and legs moving with new dynamic and interactive elements including battle ropes, speed bags, duck ropes, and more.
Total Body Workouts are now live via the Liteboxer app which is available for download in the Oculus Store. Read on to learn more and get a closer look at what this workout looks like in action:
What Are Total Body Workouts?
With Liteboxer Total Body Workouts, Premium VR Members can take on full-body exercises that incorporate exciting and responsive VR elements. You’ll slam battle ropes, rack up points on the speed bag, avoid overhead ropes with ducks and squats, and engage your full body in every workout.
Like Mitt Drills, Total Body Workouts position your Trainer right in front of you in the metaverse, guiding your every move and providing clear, expert instruction. Only, these workouts aren’t centered around the Liteshield.
Instead, they feature a wide variety of gameplay, including the following elements:
- Duck Ropes
- Lunge Lines
- Rope Swings
- Battle Ropes
- Speed Bag
- And more to come!
These accessible and fun movements make full body training even more exciting and motivating for everyone from the beginner to the expert. And just like all Liteboxer workouts, music is the heartbeat of the Total Body Workout experience. Avoid overhead ropes or throw punches on a speed bag while enjoying top-charting artists like Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Lady Gaga, and more.
“Total Body is a platform to dramatically increase the variety of movements we incorporate in a workout. This is the first workout type we developed exclusively for VR and in tight collaboration with our Trainer team.”
“We have captured what is intrinsically motivating about having a coach in your face pushing you to get in a couple more reps. And [we’re] bringing it to the headset for a fraction of the cost of a gym membership and with the convenience of not having to leave your home. With Total Body, we are here to show that Liteboxer is about more than just boxing while putting our incredible training team front and center.”
– Jeff Morin, Liteboxer CEO
New Total Body Elements Now Live in the App
Total Body Workouts feature a range of workout elements to challenge your full body endurance and strength. Below are the workout elements you can find live today in your Liteboxer app.
Your workouts might feature all these elements throughout the class or only a handful. Or maybe you’ll have to duck under a rope while trying to rack up points on the speed bag… The options are endless with Total Body. And stay tuned because we’re excited to continue expanding your workout options with more fun elements to come.
In Duck Ropes, the challenge is to try and squat under the rope as it passes over your head. Use the Position Grid visible in the background to help determine the exact right moment to drop into your squat. And follow the beat and the instructions from your Trainer to successfully avoid the rope. The gradient will turn green with every successful duck!
With Lunge Lines, it’s all about repping out as many lunges as you can. Your Trainer prompts you to do either a forward or backward step lunge. And the Position Grid will come at you from an angle, either left or right, so you know which leg to use. It’s just like Duck Ropes, only instead of a squat, you’ll drop into a lunge position.
Battle ropes are a really fun Total Body element! During Battle Rope exercises, ropes fixed to the back wall will appear in your hands. Your Trainer will guide you to slam the battle ropes to the beat or to strike a target. Look for that green light to know when you’ve scored bonus points for swinging your battle ropes on time with the beat!
In Rope Swings you swing the same ropes around a central target in a motion that feels just like you’re a kid again playing double dutch. Follow the Trainer’s movement and the lights to swing the rope around the target. A green light indicates a good swing.
When your Trainer calls out Speed Bag the goal is to rack up as many points as you can. A speed bag will descend from the roof and you’ll follow your Trainer’s instructions to punch that speed bag with maximal force and frequency. You get a point for each hit, with the lights turning green for all accurate punches.
What do you mean by “Position Grid”?
Position Grids are the gradients coming towards you in the workout. The location of the Position Grid is based on your headset position. They’re used to reinforce and indicate that you’re in the right position and tell you when to make your move. They’re also a way to award points for following your Trainer and doing the movement correctly and on time.
How We Score Total Body Workouts
Total Body Workouts are scored based on correctly completing moves, plus bonus points for accuracy and timing. These scores rely on the accurate positioning of your headset.
- Duck Ropes and Lunge Lines: Duck or lunge without the rope or gradient hitting your head and you’ll score 25 points each.
- Battle Ropes: Each swing of the rope that hits the target at the right time gives 8 points if you’re standing and 10 points if you’re down in a squat. And we’ll award bonus points for staying on the beat!
- Rope Swings: You get 8 points for each accurate swing of the rope. And like Battle Ropes, you get bonus points for swinging your rope while staying on time with the music.
- Speed Bag: Each hit gives you 5 points. There are no beat-based bonus points here because the goal is to hit the speed bag as many times as you can before the element disappears.
And just like in other Liteboxer workouts, there are bonus points awarded for streaks. Get multiple accurate hits in a row and we’ll multiply your points as you go.
You can view your final results for each Total Body Workout in the results screen pictured at the end of your workout. On this screen, you’ll see your overall score, % of good hits, your longest streak, calories burned, and a breakdown of the good hits you got for each specific workout element.
Liteboxer VR vs. Other VR Workout Options
How does Liteboxer VR stand apart from other workouts in the VR space? Here’s what makes us so unique:
- Real Trainers: Liteboxer is the only VR workout to have real Trainers with you throughout the entire workout. Our Trainers are experts in their fields and bring motivation and knowledge to level up your workout. It’s like a 1-1 personal training session, minus the expensive cost.
- $0 membership option: Liteboxer VR is the only truly free fitness option available on Oculus Quest. Our Basic Membership option gives you VR workouts for free (no strings attached!). And if you want to try our Premium membership, we also offer a 7-day free trial.
- Beat-based gaming and an actual workout: Liteboxer is more than just another rhythm-based VR game. We’re a VR fitness platform that also combines the fun of beat-based gaming. This means you’re getting in an effective workout as you play. You might even find yourself saying, “I was having so much fun that I forgot I was working out!”
- Top-charting music: Liteboxer is the only VR fitness platform that lets you pick your own music for your workout. Our exclusive license deal with Universal Music Group brings thousands of chart-topping hits to the platform. And with new features like Playlist Builder, you can customize your workouts with the classes and music you want to work out to.
- The latest VR features & upgrades: Liteboxer was the first fitness app to use hand tracking. This feature lets you work out without having to hold clunky controllers. And we’re on the front end of a lot of other exciting new VR features and updates that blend real-world interactions and overlaying metrics to elevate your experience.
Liteboxer VR: Is It Free?
Yes, with a freemium subscription, which we call Basic, you can get access to a curated selection of 65 free workout options. Basic gives you a taste of the Liteboxer VR experience without needing to enter any credit card information.
We also offer a Premium Liteboxer VR membership option for as low as $14.99 per month. Premium gives you access to 500+ workouts, top-charting music, new content added daily, plus other Premium features like Total Body Workouts. We also offer a 7-day free trial of our Premium membership.
Even though Total Body Workouts are a Premium feature, you can still demo this workout experience with a Basic Membership. Learn more about the differences between Basic vs. Premium and join for free today to get started!