New in Liteboxer VR: Mitt Drills, Matches, Gesture Scrolling, and More
Have you joined us in the metaverse yet? Now’s your chance with Liteboxer VR, the ultimate at-home sports experience, available for download in the Meta Quest store. With Liteboxer VR you can enter a virtual boxing ring for a full sensory workout without ever leaving home. Start your 7-day free trial today.
Since launching Liteboxer VR on March 3, we’ve been working hard to implement improvements to your experience with these brand-new updates.
Here’s what’s new in Liteboxer VR:
We’re excited to introduce a brand new workout experience—only available on Liteboxer VR!—called Mitt Drills. This workout mimics pad or focus mitt training. Your Trainer is right there in front of you guiding your punches and coaching you on correct form as you box to the beat.
It’s the next best thing to having a Trainer in the room with you. Because, with virtual reality, it feels like they’re really there. This kind of student-to-trainer interaction is brand new to the VR fitness space and we’re excited to keep exploring how these classes elevate your at-home workout experience.
Ready to give it a try? These 1-2 song workouts are live in Liteboxer VR app, accessible right in the “workout” section of your navigation bar.
With Liteboxer Matches you can challenge other Liteboxer community members to a head-to-head battle. If you’ve ever challenged a friend to a Match on your Liteboxer Wall Mount or Floor Stand, we’re bringing this same experience to VR.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete any Liteboxer VR Punch Track, Trainer Class, Mitt Drill, or Sparring Session workout
- After your workout finishes, select the “Create a Match” button
- Challenge any of the fellow Liteboxers you follow to compete against your high score in a Match by selecting the icon next to their username
- After choosing all the fighters you want to challenge (you can challenge as many as you’d like!), select “Send Matches” to initiate the Match request
- Your fellow fighter completes the same workout and tries to beat your high score
Head to your “Match Board” on the home screen of Liteboxer VR to view all your active and completed Matches and their final results.
Now it’s even easier to keep track of your progress over time by checking out your live and real-time stats on the left of your Liteboxer VR main home screen.
This stat board includes your:
- Current score (total number of points you’ve ever accumulated)
- Global rank (what percentile you rank in across the entire Liteboxer VR community)
- Monthly and weekly active days (you can scroll through previous months as well)
- Daily and weekly streak totals
- Total calories burned
- Activities completed
- Active time
- Punch goals
- Punch performance across a 7 or 30-day timeframe (features velocity, timing, location, good hits, and total punches)
Instead of having to grab a scroll bar, we’ve updated the Liteboxer VR experience to include gesture scrolling functionality.
This means you can scroll and swipe the Liteboxer VR screen and other elements just like you would a phone or tablet. Making navigation that much easier (and far more intuitive)!
Ready to turn things up a notch? In this latest Liteboxer VR update we’ve added a new “Expert” difficulty level for Punch Track workouts so you can take on an even bigger challenge.
New Results Screen
We’ve also revamped your Liteboxer VR post-workout results screen. Now it features a simplified layout that gives you the information you need in an easy-to-digest format along with some new stats that have been added as a part of these updates.
After you finish a workout you can view your:
- Best streak
- Calories burned
- Good hits
- Velocity (how fast you threw each punch on average)
- Timing (how well you timed your punches to the beat)
- Location (how close your punches landed to the center of each target)
What changes would make your Liteboxer VR experience even better? Let us know here or join our Facebook community to provide your feedback through user polls and interactive questions. Plus, get the chance to vote on your favorite artists and songs you’d like to box to next in the metaverse.
Leave a comment